One Lawsuit Can Be Devastating
Lawsuits in this country have become as popular as baseball and fireworks on the Fourth of July and reportedly are filed at the alarming rate of nearly 15,000 times daily.
Unfortunately, anyone can sue for anything these days. Even those with modest estates can be susceptible to all sorts of court claims, whether they are valid or frivolous, including:
- Car accidents not covered in whole by insurance
- Slip and falls at your personal, investment or business property
- Personal or business debt
- Malpractice or error in your profession
- Rental property tenant claims
- Liability as a partner, officer, director or board member
Lawsuits can cost tens of thousands of dollars, even if you’re in the right and the person suing is in the wrong.
They can also cost a lot of emotional turmoil for you and your family.
To avoid the stress and expense of going through the long, drawn-out litigation process, many often settle these cases for considerable amounts of money just so that they get on with their lives.
Unfortunately, many unscrupulous people know this, and operate as “legal extortionists”.
Raise A Defensive Shield With Proper Asset Protection
Fortunately, proper asset protection planning can help place strong defensive shields around your assets that may not only discourage those thinking of suing you, but also give you considerable leverage to settle matters for considerably less.
Many of our advanced-level planning strategies may provide you with significant asset protection such as:
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Personal Residence Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLP’s)
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
Call Aanestad Law today if potential lawsuits and liability are of concern to you and your loved ones. (530) 798-4321